Saturday 12 January 2013

Fashion: T-Shirt Making

Making T-shirts has to be one of the most amazing past times I could think off.
This creativity craze all started because of one of my favorite girls, Sarah (image to the right).   
She's the artsy stylish one of the group, if you ever need any fashion advice, or a T-shirt printed, she's the one to ask haha!

Anyway, I first of started making t-shirts for myself, because I usually just done it for fun. Then people began to ask where I got these T-Shirts from? 
This gave me an idea, I thought why do I not give these T-Shirts to my friends as presents. So I did. And they have been a great success, I would advise anyone who's stuck on birthday, anniversary or even Christmas present ideas, to try this because:

It shows how much thought you've put into the gift
Its a great gift, at a low price
Your friend has to like it, because its home made!
You can personalize it to have a special meaning
It an original idea, that not many people think of
Its so much fun to make and create

The next images are previous T-Shirts that i've made, some i've kept and others i've given:

This is probably the t-shirt I wear the most because I absolutely love the big bang theory, and this t-shirt just proves that. So many people have asked me about this t-shirt and I looked for it online, a t-shirt like this cost over £20! This is the reason why I decided to start making my own t-shirts, so that I can have the things I want without breaking the bank.
I made this one for a friend who absolutely LOVES cows, so when she saw this she was speechless. And that is the feeling that I want my friends them to feel when they open a gift I give them.


The 'i'm a ginger slut' t-shirt has to be my favorite t-shirt that I have made. It makes me laugh all the time. I made it for my ginger friend 'Amy' she took no offence towards it so its fine. I think it is things like this that work the best as presents, a joke, something that can make someone laugh and memorable. It just makes the present a lot more personal , and that's what the real meaning of a present should be.


For those of you who want to start making their own T-Shirts, it's super easy, and super cheap:

What you need:
a T-shirt
Light or dark transfer paper
an inkjet printer
iron

What you need to do:
1) Design your t-shirt on the computer, I usually do this on PowerPoint because I find this easiest to use, but any software will do (as long as you can print from it)
2) Once you have created the design, flip the image completely, so that when it prints, it prints the mirror image
3) Next, insert your light/dark transfer paper into your printer and print your design onto it
4) Depending on your design, cut it out and place it flat down onto the t-shirt
5) Iron that back of the paper for about 5 minutes
6) Leave this to cool for about 30 minutes
7) Once this has cooled, slowly peel away the paper and your design should be imprinted perfectly onto your t-shirt :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment